Good morning everyone: Well what a journey this has been for all of us. We will be opening our doors tomorrow at 6 am. Please be patient with staff and also each other. We are trying to figure this all out just by starting, but be assured I have taken every precaution to keep all of us safe. If you haven’t received my email on the new rules and regulations, please let me know and also re-read so you are prepared. Just a couple of quick notes: 1) You must bring your own mat and water. 2) Gym will be closed between the hour of 9 am-10 am to allow self distancing during Bootcamp class. No one will be allowed on gym floor during this time. 3) Walking track hours are only 11 am – 1 pm. The gym floor is open. Can’t wait to see you all tomorrow and start our new journey. Your friend in fitness, Paula
Update May 31st
We are so very close to opening to keep you all safe. We are told the plexi safety guard will be in early this week, we are hoping to open Wednesday, June 3rd. There will be an update on facebook and email. If you havent been receiving our emails please email Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please find below the rules we will be following to keep all of us safe. Thank you, Paula and the Board of Directors:
South Shore Actiplex
These rules and regulations are in place to keep ALL of us safe and healthy! Some of them may be changed in the next 2 weeks depending on the need and how things progress.
1) Do not enter our facility if you are experiencing ANY of the following symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Body Aches
- Runny Nose
- Loss of taste or smell Go home and call 811.
2) Hours and Day’s we are open to start: Monday 6 am – 1 pm
Wednesday 6 am – 1 pm
Friday 6 am – 1 pm
3) Workouts HAVE to be kept to a maximum of 1 hour.
4) Classes are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am – 9:45 am with limited class sizes. GYM WILL BE CLOSED 9 am – 10 am during class.*
The maximum amount of people allowed indoors is 15 people and this includes 1 employee.
*The gym will be closed during class time as the gym will be more congested, so there are pieces of equipment that you won’t be able to use. This way we can respect the 6 foot distance and keep everyone safe.
Walking Track hours 11 am – 1 pm.
5) Come dressed to workout. NO changing in the locker room; NO showers available; In washrooms only 2 people allowed at a time while keeping a distance of 6 feet; Please take your sneakers home; and bring your own mat and water.
6) On the stairs we will only be able to have one person going up or down at a time to respect the 6 foot distance. At the bottom I have placed a doorbell; ring the doorbell to let people know you are coming up (yelling that you are coming up is okay as well), and when you are coming down stairs yell that you are coming down.
7) When you get to the top of the stairs: 1) Sign in 2) Sanitize hands after you sign in.
8) When you come around corner to gym floor: STOP and see where people are and decide where you are going to workout.
*Always have a few work outs in mind because someone may be in the place you were going to go.*
9) Stay on track with your workouts and hopefully you can get all of it in within the hour. You may not get everything done that you wanted so this is why you should have a plan on what you are going to do when you come in. It is also important to not hog the equipment. We are all trying to adjust and get a workout in within the allotted time.
10) There will be disinfectant and paper towel placed around gym that MUST be used before and after you workout. This is very important to keep us all SAFE! Staff will also be going around and disinfecting high traffic areas. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the gym.
*These rules are in place to keep us all safe. Have patience and respect for everyone, we are all in this together and I am trying to figure it out as we go. Some of these will be changed as health regulations permit.
Update on South Shore Actiplex Fitness Centre: as of March 15th
We have had to make the difficult decision to close the fitness centre due to the uncertainty surrounding the spread of COVID-19. Future updates will be made once determined. We have been watching all the Public Health announcements and feel this is the best decision to do our part in keeping our members and staff safe. Memberships will be put on hold. Thank you for understanding, stay safe everyone.
South Shore Actiplex March 14, 2020
Regarding COVID-19, the South Shore Actiplex members, users and visitors, please take notice of the below:
The South Shore Actiplex hockey rink as of Sunday, March 15th will be shut down for the season.
The South Shore Actiplex fitness centre is still open as of today, the board has agreed that anyone who wishes to suspend their membership for up to 8 weeks please let Paula know at 902-658-2885.
We have always had a cleaning procedure that we keep on top of but with this new virus we have stepped up our sanitizing and cleaning for a safer environment for all.
Fitness members have always been asked to wipe down equipment after use, but now it is more important to be diligent with this procedure and staff will be sanitizing surfaces on a regular basis.
Please wash your hands and sanitize when you enter and leave. Spray our sanitizer and wipe down everything you use.
If you are sick please stay home.
If you have traveled outside the country we are asking you to self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to our facility.
Cover your coughs or sneezes with a Kleenex or your sleeve.
This situation subject to change as we follow information from public health authorities. We thank you for your patience.
Walking Track sponsor Month: March
Central Region Sport & Recreation Council
If you are a business and would like to sponsor our walking track please call Paula at 658-2885.
Friday at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Crapaud Curling Club
Pre-selling tickets at club, gym and Harveys during business hours. You don't have to be there to win.
In aid of South Shore Actiplex, Curling Club and the Crapaud Hall
Start your journey today, let me help, call Paula at GYM 658-2885.
Rink # 902-658-2445